Dark Room Ballet presents:
No Diagram Anatomy for Dancers in the Dark Room
Note: Dark Room Ballet classes prioritize the educational needs of blind and visually impaired students, but anatomy workshops are open to all.
This is a series of 5 individual workshops held online via Zoom beginning Saturday, November 13, 2021.
All workshops take place on Saturdays, from 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM (Eastern/New York Time)
(no class November 27, 2021)
Students can take the complete series of 5 classes, or attend individual sessions as fits their schedule.
- Planes and Chains: how the body relates to space, surfaces, directions, and itself (November 13)
- Biomechanics 101: How every single joint in the body operates (November 20)
- The Spine and its Supports: when people talk about the core, this is what they mean (Rescheduled to December 11)
- Motor Neuron Function and Human Variation: Learning How to Play Your Own Instrument (December 18)
Please note: The Complete Lower Body workshops have been rescheduled and will be taught in 2022.
Dates to be announced soon.
And please let us know which/how many of the workshops you would like to participate in.
You can also let us know more about your interest in taking classes with Dark Room Ballet.
This workshop series is separate from other class offerings; please contact us if you are also interested in:
- Dark Room Ballet Introductory Level classes for blind and visually impaired adults (classes resume January, 2022)
- Dark Room Ballet Open Level classes for blind and visually impaired adults (weekly, ongoing)